Sunday, August 21, 2011

My 26th Birthday: The Good, The Bad, and The Yuck

A week before my birthday as my gift Lance took me on a surprise trip. We went to Boise to the Michael Buble concert! Luckily this is our second time going and it was just as FANTASTIC!!! That's the good part.

The bad part is that my morning sickness mysteriously appeared again out of nowhere. So I wasn't feeling too great for this trip.

Our seats were right in the middle of the row, about 15 chairs on either side of us. Luckily nobody was right beside us but it was still a trek to cross people to get to the stairs which lead up to the aisle/lobby area in the arena. About halfway through the concert I knew it was coming. I assessed my situation and quickly decided I didn't have time to cross all those people, hike the stairs, and then run to the nearest bathroom. I didn't want to cause a scene and certainly didn't want to throw up on anyone so I got my hospital barf bag out of my purse, told Lance to put his arm around me to cover me up, and put my head between my legs so nobody would see me. It was my only option, thank goodness for those handy hospital bags! Nobody heard a peep out of me because the music was so loud in there and nobody knew the wiser, I was quite discreet. Lance followed me up to the bathrooms after I was done and we sat in the back for the rest of the concert. I felt much better after that.

Unfortunately, it didn't stop there. I threw up in the car after the concert and again at his sister's house where we stayed for the night while they were out of town. (Don't worry J, I didn't miss the toilet and it's not contagious)!


Just us and me showing at 25 weeks.

No comments: