Thursday, February 15, 2024

Random January Photos



Cora thought this was the best prank, "Mom, come quick, the toilet is smoking!" It always makes me laugh.
After school about 4:00 I couldn't find Cora. I found her fast asleep with her hand still bookmarking her page.
Have you seen a cuter way to spell Grandma Julie?!
Johnny is still cold all the time so Donna crocheted him a full face mask, haha.
I was heading into the office one morning about 8:30 am and the wind was just whipping so fast, it was frigid outside. As I got onto the interstate, I saw this little old lady with wind-blown hair with her thumb in the air. Now, Lance has had several scary encounters with hitchhikers so I'm not prone to stop and help. But this particular morning I didn't even think about it, I just saw her in the freezing wind and immediately pulled over. Her hands were so cold she couldn't open the door and asked for a ride to Post Falls or CDA. On the way I found out she walks everywhere and doesn't have a car, she either stays in a motel or with friends and she used to be a nurse when she was younger. Her kids and grandkids don't speak to her, and her husband died some years ago. She told me she's 80 years old which I couldn't believe because her mind was very sharp with a great memory. I told her about my own children and family and when I got into Post Falls she asked me to drop her off at a gas station. I asked if she'd had any breakfast and the only cash I had was $6. She took it and said she'd pray for my sweet babies.

While putting her seat belt on I took her picture just in case anything happened to me, and in case she was a missing person. It was such an odd encounter because given her age I thought maybe she had dementia and didn't know where she was, maybe she wandered off from an assisted living place, maybe she was hurt, etc. But after our conversation I learned she just has a different way of living and was a very intelligent woman! I was just happy to get her out of the cold.
 

No comments: