Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break 2011

We decided (way before we had the inkling to buy a house) to get away for an evening for spring break. We headed 1.5 hours north to Sun Valley and stayed at the Spruce Inn: a fun, casual B&B that was to die for. They had such fresh, crisp decor and the rooms were SO comfortable. We had our own entrance to come and go as we pleased, an awesome lounge room with several large tv's throughout, a pool table, hot tub and fire pit in the backyard. So cute! Our breakfast was so fancy with a delicious fresh fruit mix with yogurt, carmel sauce, and grape nuts. And then awesome thingys - fancy sort of bread with an egg on top with some kind of cheese, herbs, and avocado...or maybe it was guacamole? I don't know, it was a little too fancy for me and I was so stuffed with the delish fruit mix that I took my bread/egg/cheese thingy to go. Miss Kimberly is such a sweet host she even sent us home bearing gifts of a fancy chocolate covered apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and a fancy bottle of wine that she herself was dying to try. Thanks Kimberly! We'll definitely be staying with you again!

On the down side, my cold continued to get worse and I am infinitely bed ridden even as I type. But that still didn't stop me from enjoying our spring break get away, although it certainly wasn't spring. By the time we got there we ran into about 3-4 feet of snow and woke up to 6 more inches.

No comments: