Friday, July 17, 2009

Yellowstone National Park

My family and extended family on my dad's side all went to Yellowstone this week. We try to have a family vacation once a year and it was a pleasant surprise to have all my cousins, aunts, and uncles from Arizona join us. I really missed Lance all week, he's still in school for the semester and was preparing for finals so he wasn't able to go. But I had a great time anyway!

Ever wonder why it's called Yellowstone? The views are so breath taking!
Although we didn't see any bears in the park other than at Bear World, we had a little visitor over night that left evidence all over camp

Eating the dutch oven greaseLeft over trail mix he left behind

Old Faithful still remains faithful


There are tons of these geysers, hot springs, and mud pots all over the park


The whole clan
My girlsPlaying games while waiting for the dutch oven dinner to finish cooking

Most of my nieces and nephews
We went to Bear World which is right before Rexburg. They had all kinds of sweet rides for kids - small and big alike. Oh yeah, they had animals there too.

Notice the empty bear face where Lance would have been


3 comments:

Josh & Michelle said...

Looks like so much fun! I am jealous and have been wanting to vacation there so much. Josh has never been. PS I LOVE your hair dark! So so pretty.

Sam and Kristol said...

I love the pics. I love yellowstone. Sam has never been there. Maybe we could all go sometime.

Sam and Kristol said...

I love the pics. I love yellowstone. Sam has never been there. Maybe we could all go sometime.