Monday, June 27, 2011
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
(Just fyi, Blogger is being weird with all this extra spacing and I can't get rid of it).
There are a lot of common symptoms of pregnancy and just to be thorough in journal writing, here are some that are/aren't the norm according to what I've read. Is there a norm anyway? Probably not.
- I got the whole morning sickness really bad getting down to 97 pounds. Week 15 was the magic number and since then I've felt much better. I have learned the hard way that even though I'm feeling better I still need to take Zofran no matter what. Otherwise the throwing up continues.
- I don't get mood swings at all. No highs or lows, I just float in the middle along careless and go-with-the-flow which drives Lance crazy.
- I always have problems staying asleep and get the best sleep between 7-10am.
- At first I had zero headaches which was awesome. Now I get them all the time and the acetaminophen doesn't seem to ever kick in.
- I'm never hot. In fact just the opposite, I'm cold ALL the time. Probably due in large to the fact that I lost so much weight but I'm always cold which is annoying.
- I don't like people touching me. At all. No hugs or kid's slimy hands or a gentle hand on the shoulder from Lance. Just don't touch me. It's weird.
- Unfortunately, chocolate isn't very appealing. At times it is but instead I'd prefer gummy or sour snacks which is weird. Peachies, gummy bears, sour worms, sour punch straws which are my fav, nut rolls (which turn out to have just as much protein and more calories than the protein shakes do), fruit snacks, fruit roll ups, all the kid snacks.
- While I was sick I couldn't eat any meat or vegetables at all, the baby definitely didn't like that.
- I sneeze a lot more. Weird.
- To me I am showing, I have a little tiny bump. My belly gets a lot bigger at night which is weird because when I wake up in the morning its back to being flat with a tiny bulge. Nobody notices but me and regular acquaintances at the bank or hardware store don't believe me when I tell them I'm pregnant. One even told me to go to the ER asap because something must be wrong.
It's still very strange to me when I think about being pregnant and buying my first house. It's so surreal. We've waited 6 years and now all of a sudden to have so many changes at once and to mentally process it all, that's a lot to take in. When the baby comes I don't know what I'll do or how to act or what to say, it's just so different and I've never been through this before. It's weird. Weird is the best word to describe everything at this point. We find out the gender in 2 weeks which is exciting and nerve racking at the same time, that means I'm halfway done! I want a boy but essentially don't care as long as the baby gets out of me and we're both healthy. (Rude you say? Refer to the second bullet).
Sunday, June 12, 2011
The unfortunate part is that our washer now has a leak and neither of the showers are usable (long story). That's got to get fixed asap. So we're still going back and forth to the old house using the washing machine and shower. Lucky for us it's only a few blocks away.
Everything is 90% out of the house, the rest is the office and electronics which is Lance's job to pack up. Again, HUGE thanks to everyone that helped! We have awesome family and we're so blessed to be surrounded by love and support, especially when we need it most.
Friday, June 3, 2011
I'm 15 weeks now and actually feeling quite good. I haven't thrown up for a week and I haven't been nauseous for a week......we're making progress people! The best part? I can eat regular foods, you know, normal food that people have for dinner, I can eat. It's great! The only time I get a little queasy (so far) is when I wait too long to eat. I've even gone back to work part time. I'm barely starting to show but to most people I just look fat. I hope I'm not jinxing myself by talking about it.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way and only gets better!