Monday, June 27, 2011

Squirmy Wormy

Saturday night I felt the baby move for the first time. I wasn't sure what it was, I assumed indigestion or something until I felt it again on Sunday during sacrament meeting. It's such a tiny little flutter, if I'm not paying attention I wouldn't have known what it was or what to look forward to since I knew I'd be feeling the baby soon. Lately there have been a lot of comments of how small I am so I've been paranoid and worried that the baby isn't growing or it's dead and I don't know it. I'm just so thankful for this extra little squirm that confirms everything is ok and the baby is alive! I don't know why I'm always worried the baby is floating around lifeless, I always look forward to hearing the heart beat at appointments just so I know everything is ok and he's still growing. Next week we will find out what it is, I'm pretty excited because I can start looking for baby things and thinking of names and officially refer to it as him or her instead of it or just baby.

6 comments:

Tawni Williams said...

YEA! Isn't that the most AMAZING thing? You are not alone with the worry - I was totally like that. Feeling the baby move was like 'OK...we're good'. Glad you are feeling better!!!

Harris Happenings said...

That is a great feeling!

Karissa said...

YAY!!! The first movement was such a special moment for me. I was the same way and so worried that they weren't okay...from here on out--the movements only get stronger! :-) We can't wait to hear what "little Cox" is going to be!!!

AVJ said...

Isn't it awesome to feel them move! It does relieve a lot of stress that you feel over wanting to make sure the baby is okay. Let us know what you are having!

*LaUrA* said...

You will always worry about it floating around lifeless...that is just what we do! I took a pregnancy test regularly until Carter started moving just to make sure I was actually pregnant because I just kept thinking it was a fluke or I was making it up...haha...weirdo.

I LOVE feeling the baby move inside...that was my favorite thing about being pregnant. Just something between you and your baby...that only you two get to share. (of course people can feel from the outside...totally not the same thing:)

anyways...yay!!!

mamadonna said...

This is so normal, Beck. Every mom worries about their little baby until it is born and healthy.
Then you worry some more. Then they grow up and get married and have their own children, and you worry some more. But just try to enjoy. Babies and adult children are wonderful!