Thursday, July 28, 2011

House Progress

The house is slowly coming along and we keep working on it a little bit here and there each night. The past few weeks we've been working on the porch which was enclosed and we've now taken out all the windows and window casings. It really opens things up and we can't wait to use it! Too bad we have no money for a patio set although I found a super cute black iron bistro set at Real Deals for $128. We just patched up the stucco tonight and will sometime need to paint but for now it's open and we've always wanted a large open porch.

I've also slowly been working on the flower beds. About 3 weeks ago I got the front all weeded with new perennials and the front flower boxes have flowers. Unfortunately nothing is doing too great. Between the hot sun and the bugs, I'm afraid they're dying. But I'm keeping them sprayed with bug stuff and soaking them on non-sprinkler days. The northwest side of the house I got 80% weeded with two new bushes planted and some flower seeds sewn. I'm sure it's too late in the year for the flowers to do much but they're planted nonetheless. I have big plans for my own little oasis out back by the kitchen window but that will have wait until next year at least. Landscaping costs a lot of money and I'm doing fine right now keeping everything weeded.

Now that we don't have company in the house I've started to finish unpacking again. For a while I had to shove all the non essentials and other boxes into the baby's room. Lance has been helping me getting things hung where I'd like so it's slowly getting there. Last weekend there was a huge yard sale down the road and I got an old child's school desk for $1 and a little three-legged side table for $5. I'm going to refinish these and use them as our nightstands.......I can't wait to get started, I really love refinishing furniture!

I know I need to post pictures of everything and I've been trying to keep before pictures just so appreciate the after. Pictures will come..........sometime.............

No comments: