Sunday, November 23, 2014

Cora Turned 1!

Wow. I can't believe this day has come, Cora turned 1 year old!!! I was hoping this day would come but didn't have any guarantee and at times any hope. I had a long journey of heartache, confusion, and denial. I didn't have any close family to lean on that could help me with Kimball or accompany me to doctor appointments.

I'm thankful for long phone calls with family, girl nights with friends who helped me dissect and analyze what the problems were, what the doctors were saying, what my motherly instinct was telling me, and what the Lord was telling me. I've never in my life leaned so much on the Savior and his tender mercies for which I'll be eternally thankful for. It has been a year of countless miracles and Cora is still here. She's a fighter! She's so strong and determined and utterly fearless. She's got something that's out of this world and I'm not saying that because I'm biased. She's absolutely incredible and keeps proving the doctors wrong at every corner. I don't know how I got so lucky to be her mother. I'm just so incredibly grateful! I'm SO GRATEFUL that she's still here, that she's improving, and that she's mine for eternity.

Happy birthday baby girl, you made it!



 

 








No comments: