Monday, October 2, 2017

First Day of Kindergarten!!

Wow, what a milestone! I can't believe my baby is going to school and he couldn't wait! On the first day of school he came in my room at 6:30am and woke me up and said, "Mom, it's time to get up! I'm already dressed and brushed my teeth and have my new shoes on!" He is SO ready for school and absolutely LOOOOOOVES it!! I'm so glad too, and Cora and I have a great time together at home.

After we dropped him off Cora bawled and said, "Miss mine bes fend!" which of course made me get teary eyed. This milestone is so bittersweet, it's his first real step to independence. I mean, I drop him off at the school sidewalk and I have to trust in what he does for the next 7 hours without me knowing what he's doing at every minute. Did I teach him enough? Was I patient enough? What if he gets lost? What if he's hungry and doesn't eat all of his lunch? Will he make friends? Will he make good choices and remember to always be kind? What if he walks into the girls bathroom by accident? What if he needs help wiping his bum? What if he can't snap up his jeans?......

Now that he's been in school for almost a month, he's so much more independent. He makes his own lunch and insists that he doesn't need help snapping up his jeans. I miss that he doesn't need me as much but I'm also grateful for the time that it gives Cora and me. I thought he would be completely worn out being in Kindergarten all day and even though he's tired he's not as tired as I thought he'd be. I still miss him.

No comments: