Wednesday, September 26, 2018

As Of Late

Since the kids and I have been back from vacation I've been quite busy with the house. I've gotten all the boxes unpacked (except one, I'm waiting for Lance to put shelving in the closet so I can put away games) decorations up, and slowly working on putting together the guest room. School is back in so that means new routines.

I've also been working outside trimming up several trees and bushes and cleaning out some flower beds. The landscaping in the front is SO overgrown that you cannot see our house from the road. Now that the trees are trimmed you can sort of see the house, through little patches. I'm waiting for fall to come and the plants to go dormant before I can prune and clean out the rest of the flower beds but it'll be a HUGE job to get it done.

I don't have a calling yet but I've been asked a few times to play the piano in relief society. It's been nice to need to practice every week and brush up a bit. I'm still quite anxious for Ezra to be in nursery because I don't get to hear much of any lesson, we're in the hall for the last two hours. Often times Lance has to leave sacrament meeting due to calls so it's just the kids and I and I'm out in the hall with Ezra during sacrament meeting. It's so easy to ask myself, "Why do I even come? What is the point?" But I know I'm teaching my children and although I don't get much out of Sunday school or relief society because I can't hear the lessons, I'm still in the building feeling the spirit and meeting new people. And most importantly, I'm still taking the sacrament to renew my covenants. This will be worth it and I come to church to renew my soul for the week - how I need that strength!

Lance is the new executive secretary for the bishopric and has been enjoying that. He gets new customers every month for work and just recently is the exclusive transport person for Stevens County, that's a big one. He's also going to buy a refrigeration unit and place it in a a funeral home in Post Falls, ID, there's a big need for that due to pending permits from the state to cross state lines. Donna and John had quite the 40 days in the hospital with some major scares with John's heart attacks. He's finally home and we still pray for them daily. Lots of prayers and fasting on John's behalf and the Lord, again, answered our prayers with tender mercies.

Next month Mom and Christine and her kids are coming to visit us for a week! I'm so excited!!!!!!!

No comments: