Wednesday, November 28, 2018

First Grade

I don't know why but this drawing cracked me up. Kimball is loving first grade!
He looks so much more grown up just in the last two months, I can't believe it. He loves to play games with mom and dad and is a super reader. His teacher said he should be at a 3 when they start first grade and at an 18 when they finish first grade; Kimball is currently reading at a 24. He loves to play jokes and make people laugh. He's also recently had a streak of fits in epic proportions. I mean he'll kick and scream and bawl for a good 2 hours sometimes, it is so ridiculous and unreal. It's always over very trivial things like not wanting to put away his coat and backpack - which would take literally 20 seconds - but no, he'd rather throw a 2 hour fit. I keep working on it with him but its so hard and I've even broke down a few times because I simply don't know what to do about it.

A few weeks ago he came home with a special note from his teacher thanking him for cleaning up. When I asked Kimball about it he said, "Well, it was the end of the day and nobody was cleaning up. I knew if I didn't do it then Ms. Shulkin or the custodian would have to clean and I didn't want that. So I just did it by myself." That warmed my heart, what a sweet boy!

No comments: