Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Ezra's Surgery

At the beginning of the month Ezra had his tonsils and adenoids removed, and ear tubes put in. His tonsils were huge making him snore and causing sleep apnea and swallowing difficulties. He also kept getting chronic ear infections and as a result had hearing loss in both ears. Luckily, mom was able to come visit for a few days while he recovered - I don't think I did any dishes or laundry or anything while she was here, Mom did all of it! It felt so nice, I must admit.

As typical, recovery for this surgery is a rough two weeks with probable dehydration and ER admittance. But Ezra was a champ, he never stopped eating or drinking so I stopped the pain meds after five days, he was totally fine. I did love all the extra snuggles from him though.

While mom was here we had lunch with Cora and Kimball at each of their schools and stayed for lunch recess. They thought that was pretty special. And on Mom's last day we went to the MAC museum to see the Pompeii exhibit - so cool! Then we toured a historic house next door and of course stopped at Spokandy to get some chocolates.



Mom received a proper welcoming from the kids.
Ezra slept on this mattress on the floor in my room since I was up every 3 hours giving him meds. He rarely stayed on the mattress and almost always made his way to the floor.
 Ezra loved recess with Cora and Kimball.
 Pompeii exhibit

I'm not sure if it's possible for him to get any skinnier!

No comments: