Sunday, April 19, 2020

Easter Week

Out of the blue, I decided to potty train Ezra. I mean, we're already quarantined and can't go anywhere so what better timing? It made sense in my head. HORRIBLE, horrible idea!! There was peeing everywhere and Ezra never told me when he needed to go. The hose attachment on the shampooer broke so I couldn't sufficiently clean anything up. Ugh, I was madder than a hornet and taking all my frustrations out on the kids. I decided to give it one more day and if it was still awful then I'd wait a few more months because this frustration just wasn't worth it. I quit after the first accident of the second day, it just wasn't worth losing my sanity over and I didn't HAVE to potty train Ezra right that minute. It's ok for him to be in diapers still. In the end, my kids need a happy and sane mom.
Our wonderful neighbors gave us a few of their old bikes, it was so nice of them and they wouldn't let us pay for them. Since there's construction on our street we went to the church parking lot where the kids could ride as long as they wanted. Cora did AWESOME gaining confidence and speed with the training wheels. She even tried the two-wheeled scooter and did great, I was so stinking proud of her. That's a big fear of hers. Kimball thought the parking lot wasn't as exciting as our street since it didn't have any hills to gain speed. But we soaked up the sun and enjoyed the lovely spring weather.

 First marshmallow roasting of the year!
Our bunny project, haha!
 We made bird nest cookies with thank you cards to give to our neighbors, thanking them for giving us the bikes.
On Good Friday as we fasted I told Lance I wanted to start a new tradition by taking a family trip to a (any) cemetery and teach the kids about Christ's death and resurrection. We pulled out a picnic blanket in this Catholic cemetery and had a great discussion about it. Being around the graves and seeing the sculpted stone scenes of Christ's final few days really sunk in for the kids. It was good for them to see other people visiting graves, it sparked excellent questions, we talked about what it means for baby Emily and her family, it was such a reverent and spirit-filled discussion. It also brought up questions about Daddy's job that the kids were able to more fully comprehend. This particular cemetery is at the base of a hill so we hiked up the hill to see more sculptures and graves. It was pretty and a beautiful spring day for it.
 Easter egg hunt!





 Their loot.

No comments: