Monday, September 12, 2022

Jerusha's Visit, Lance's 40th Birthday & Father's Day

Jerusha decided last minute to come visit us for a long weekend - I'm so glad she did and we made the most of it at Silverwood!












Lance's 40th birthday was a bit different than I expected. I wanted to throw him a huge party at the funeral home catered with all of his favorite foods and music. He was having NONE of that! But our staff wasn't happy about his scrooge attitude and threw him a little party instead which I was very grateful for since he wasn't going to let me do anything, the little stink!

We had a night of delicious croissant sandwiches with all the fixings, pasta salads, potato salads, etc. I submitted a bunch of different phots of Lance through the years which Stephanie put together an amazing slide show with. The title has his professional photo with the title 

"To the world's most mediocre boss - Lance - To 40 years of meh"

I laughed so hard, it was perfect! The music in the slideshow was all about money, LOL! Then the staff all did a roast of Lance. Well, it was supposed to be a legit roast but most of them chickened out and only said nice things. I loved so much that Jerusha was there to be able to tell embarrassing stories of Lance has a little kid and annoying teenager, that was golden. We all pitched in together and got him a COMPLETE antique embalming kit, including all the embalming bottles and old tools.












I must not have taken pictures of what Lance got for Father's Day, but Kimball drew this family picture and I had it turned into a metal keychain which turned out pretty awesome! And look at Cora's Father's Day card. The drawing of her hugging him from behind just melted my heart, it's the absolute sweetest thing!



 

No comments: