Friday, April 2, 2010

Denver Day 5

Lance finished up with his labs early today and when I picked him up he introduced me to some of his classmates. Oddly enough, 90% are female and I find that very interesting. The first thing one of them said was, "Oh you look so much prettier than the head Lance sculpted of you." Thank goodness someone said that! I have yet to post the final picture of how the head turned out but it really looked nothing like me.

We then went to the mausoleum which is one of the largest and most ornate we have seen. There are about 7500 bodies in there. You can purchase a room for a family which has a locked gate and has several spaces for family members. You can decorate and have anything in the room you wish, the prices start at $200,000+. There are 3 levels including the basement and then there's the tower which is completely locked and reserved for families who purchase the whole level. These start out at $1,000,000+. It was truly amazing to see and very impressive!

After a quick nap at the hotel we went to a fun house where we played miniature golf and a few games of bowling. Lance beat me at everything, it just wasn't my night but we had so much fun!

No comments: