Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ray of Sunshine

Lance's birthday was a few days ago, happy 28th birthday Sweetie!! We're too poor with recent medical bills and student loans to do anything fancy or even mildly fun. He had barbershop that night so I made a bunch of cookies and brownies, went down to the methodist church and patiently waited for the current song to get over. As soon as it did, Donna and I darted in there singing happy birthday and presented the goods to Lance and all the guys. He enjoyed it and I may have embarrassed him a tiny bit, but we're actually celebrating his birthday this weekend when Kemp and Steph are in town.

Lance is my rock. He's my bud, my best friend. He's the reason I get up every morning. He thrives off humor and he makes me laugh, not by telling jokes but by being himself. I laugh the hardest when he messes up a joke, that's the best! He's my ray of sunshine on a cloudy day and the song on the radio that makes me tap my toes and burst out loud singing. He's my partner who does most of the dishes and laundry and even surprises me when I get home from work with a great meal. It may be baked potatoes or english muffin pizzas, but it's dinner and it has never tasted so good! He leaves little simple "bonuses" around the house, like replacing a towel hook with a ring so the dumb towel won't drop on the floor anymore, or buying a few baskets and organizing the medicine drawer so I don't have to rummage for an hour trying to find some aspirin. Or like this morning when I got to work, I found a bag of bit o honey hidden in my desk; he must have snuck in while I left work an hour early yesterday to get my hair cut. He's my joy and he makes me happy, I don't know how I got so lucky. I love the time we have together right now at this very moment. We've been married for 5 years and we've grown so close together. Every morning I wake up so glad I married him and I shutter to think of it any other way.

3 comments:

julie said...

Happy Birthday Lance!!!

So the other the boys and I were waiting in the car for Brandon to come out of Smiths. There was a man who didn't really look like Lance but he had similar really short hair and was talking to someone outside his car. Liam kept saying, "Hey mom!! It's standing up guy!" Over and over. He was so excited. So I hope you and "Standing up guy" have a great birthday celebration!

The Tedrow Show said...

You guys are so stinking cute! We miss you and think about you often.

Tawni Williams said...

You guys are seriously such a darling couple... we miss you guys - happy bday Lance