Thursday, December 15, 2011

Filling Out

Lance doesn't like to look at blogs that are plastered with people's kids because to him, he wants to read about his friends and what they're up to, not necessarily his friend's kids. He vowed we would never be one of those families that plastered photos of our kids and I slightly disagreed thinking there should be a good mix. So when I go back and review my blog and see that every little thing is about Kimball......oops. I'm sorry if any of you agree with Lance and can see we went against our own wishes. But thinking of the past few months, my entire waking life revolves around taking care of the little guy and we haven't done anything spectacular either. Lance goes to work and I stay home to take care of Kimball. December is typically a very busy month for families but since Kimball is still quite young and the weather is cold, we haven't gone to too many places or activities.

Kimball is starting to change. He's getting chubbier and starting to fill out. His face is much more round, his cheeks have doubled in size along with his double chin, his legs are rolly polly, and he's losing all those uber darling newborn characteristics, especially in his face. It really makes me sad to see him get bigger and I've bawled about three times over it.

3 comments:

Laura said...

The thing is, once you become a stay at home mom, the child IS what you're up to because he takes over your whole world. So that's why everyone's blogs are plastered with pictures of their kids. Plus, aren't our children so much darn more adorable than we are? Okay, you are cute, Becky, but seriously don't we want to see pictures of Kimball and Lucy and all the other cutie patoots?? :)

Matt and Debbie said...

Hey thanks for reminding me to maybe one day post something that isn't kid-related. Haha! Crazy how that just happens and suddenly almost everything you do that you want to remember involves a baby. Enjoy it!!

Tawni Williams said...

I always just smile because literally my kids ARE what I'm doing and what Brice gets most excited about sharing. Trust me - I love hearing about the little guy and your adventure as parents :)