Sunday, May 28, 2017

This Man

Let me tell you some things about this man. This man, right here. I was so drugged up and out of it that this husband of mine just took over and immediately assumed his role as father. No nurse or myself asked him to step up and take care of the baby, he just did it. I wasn't coherent enough to know what was going on with the baby anyway, nor could I even begin to think of holding him. Lance just saw what was needing to be done and did it. I was in awe of his compassion for me and the immediate bond and love he had for Ezra. I was astonished at his instant forgiveness for my lack of ability to do my regular wife and mother duties this last 9 months, not to mention my incessant complaining. Even when we got home he still had to help me up and down the stairs, in and out of bed, and even help me shower because I couldn't stand up. For the first time ever my husband had to wash my hair and I was so surprised that such an act as that could be so selfless and loving. He took such great care of me and Ezra in the hospital, and stepped up and assumed my roles while I was pregnant. I'm consumed with so much gratitude and love for Lance that I don't know what else to do other than cry.


No comments: