Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Family Update

December was been the busiest month for Lance, landing a record in call volume both by month (196) and day (15). He also went through a week where it was just him and one other guy so that wasn't very fun for either of us; the kids and I never saw him and he was worked to the bone and so worn out. January has also been a busy month for him but the weather has been fairly nice so that seems to compensate for a lot. No snow to drive through makes his job SO much easier. Yesterday it was 54 degrees, almost spring-like!

I've been staying busy doing the usual mom thing. Not much ever changes with me although I have started to exercise to heal my stomach muscles from pregnancy/surgery and to try to tighten and strengthen up. I'm always shocked how the body changes after having a baby and how much looser and weaker the body is. I'm 4 weeks in and haven't seen much change yet but I'll still work at it.

Kimball LOVES kindergarten. He's loving his short term soccer league and loves being a big brother. He's my right hand man, I rely on his help with Ezra especially in public when Cora needs my attention i.e. sacrament meeting.

Cora has been doing well with all her therapies (PT, OT, speech, music) and especially loves her music class. This week we started having her sit on the toilet for 1 minute a few times a day to hopefully overcome her fear of sitting on the toilet. I'm hoping that after a few months, sitting on the toilet will be a natural thing and we can slowly move on to the next step of potty training. Baby steps with this one, potty training her has been so tricky!

Ezra is a great baby. Pretty mild and go with the flow, much like the other kids were at this age. Although, Ezra is very BUSY! He has to always be moving and going, he never sits still. Ever. Sacrament meeting has been especially challenging!

We've all been sick this last month but we are so anxious for warmer weather, visits with family, and summer vacation!

No comments: