Monday, November 11, 2019

Kimball Turns 8!

Morning hugs for the big birthday today
How cool is this cake?! Kimball asked for a science experiment cake and the cake decorator at Albertson's really outdid herself. I absolutely loved it, and so did Kimball. He was in shock.

 Gummy skewers for party favors
Kimball asked for his first birthday party to be at Strike Zone where he could have Nerf battles with his friends. He had 6 friends show up, most from the neighborhood and a few from school.
 
 His friends that came were Colin, Owen, Callen, Ella, Madison, and Brooke. They had so fun!
Opening his most surprising gift - his first pocket knife (from Buck Knives) that was engraved with his initials. He thinks it's so cool and that he's so old. I love it. We went over the rules and proper way to use a knife. The next few mornings after his birthday he had it out and kept holding it and said, "I'm not playing with it mom, it isn't a toy. I'm just looking at my initials."
 
The weekend following his birthday, on November 2nd, Kimball chose to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He chose a simple, beautiful program and I am so proud of him. Mom and I were witnesses, Grandpa Cox spoke about baptism, Grandpa Goofy spoke about the holy ghost, Daddy sang a solo, and his primary teachers gave the prayers.

When I envisioned my firstborn being baptized I thought I'd be much more emotional than I was. I thought I was going to be overcome with how little he isn't anymore, etc. and it wasn't that way at all. I was filled with the spirit and so grateful to be his mother and I thank Heavenly Father for this sweet boy.  Both grandparents were able to come for the weekend and although their trips were fast and furious, we soaked up every minute.

Things about Kimball:
  • Favorite books: Dog Man and The Magic Treehouse
  • Favrotie color: purple
  • Favortie food: waffles
  • Favorite drink: any soda
  • Loves to play 2 or 4 square at recess
  • Wants to learn to build things (like houses) and learn how to cook more foods
  • Wants to be a scientist when he grows up
  • Is very well behaved in school and loves to read
  • Loves to tell jokes, play pranks, and make people laugh
 I love you, Kimball!


No comments: