Monday, November 25, 2019

Little Sicklings

These two hoodlums have been sick and it's the first time I've ever seen Ezra just lay down on the floor because he doesn't feel good. He'll just quit playing and lay down. So sad. His cough was becoming worse and worse and his breathing was really wheezy so I took him to the urgent care the next day suspecting croup. He had an ear infection and  although they wouldn't officially diagnose him as croup because they were unable to hear the strider, the doctor treated him for croup. So little man has been on antibiotics and the nebulizer to help clear his airways.

Then it was poor Cora's turn to get it. Unfortunately for her, her body just is not fighting off the illness. I don't know if its an underlying autoimmune disease or some other factor but she goes through this every flu season. She'll get a simple cold and it just hangs on for months (earlier in the year it was 5 months and only surgery could fix it). So on Friday Lance and I took her in for a blood draw, booster shot, and sinus x-rays. I'm hoping he'll call me today with the results because I'm anxious to get her well again.

No comments: