Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Wicked & Freedom

Last weekend Lance and I went on a date to Wicked. This was our second time seeing the Broadway play but we had excellent seats so it was an all- around much better experience! Mexican food and frozen yogurt was pretty good, too. Love this husband of mine and how he supports and loves the kids and I.
I'm so glad that after TWO WHOLE YEARS our state had finally rescinded the mask mandate! Ugh, everyone hated wearing the masks. I'm sure there will be another COVID surge as more variants are spread around but for now things are finally starting to feel more normal. The kids can go to school without masks and social distancing which means they can sit by their friends during lunch! Such a small thing to take for granted but it has had a lasting impact on children. I know the mental health industry has been booming because COVID and the government mandates has had a VERY profound impact on the mental health of this country and individuals. I don't know of anyone that wasn't impacted in some way by COVID either physical health or mental health.

A two weeks prior to the mandate being lifted, I was on my way to Bell Tower and there was a freedom convoy lining every bridge and farm property near the interstate. It was an incredible sight to see and I honked at every one of them. We live in the greatest country on earth, even with Biden being our president.

 

No comments: