Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cypress Gardens


Today Lance and I went on a date to Cypress Gardens in Goose Creek, SC about 25 minutes away. This is the area where The Notebook and The Patriot were filmed as you'll see the cypress trees in the swamp. It was so beautiful! They have a butterfly house with a little pond filled with neat fish and all kinds of exotic flowers. We then went to the aquarium and visited the tortoise. We were extremely looking forward to meeting the alligators and crocodiles, unfortunately the females were laying eggs so the exhibit was closed off to visitors. Bummer! The nature walk is about 4.5 miles long but you know us, we walked about a half mile and grew too anxious to get in the boat. So we turned around and hopped in. What a beautiful and serene swamp! The water was perfectly calm with a slight breeze to fight the heat. I don't know that I've ever been in water so relaxing and so peaceful. As I looked around at the cypress trees and lily pads and the gorgeous reflections in the swamp, I am just in awe of how our Maker did this. It was so beautiful and amazing and so peaceful!


This flower is called birds of paradise








Pretty lily pads everywhere!






Do you see the turtle?




Duck your heads!

4 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

What a perfect date spot!! This looks absolutely gorgeous!! And I like Becky taking the reigns...it is fun to hear from you more often and see what you two are up to! Keep the posts coming!

(me)linda said...

Wow stunning. I love the refections on the perfectly still water. What a beautiful place. Fun date!

Tawni Williams said...

Shut up! Why did I not visit this place - beautiful!!!

Becca said...

We love that place. It think we spend half the time in the butterfly house. Great pictures.