Sunday, July 20, 2008

Riding in Style


One of the best purchases we've ever made was to buy a Yamaha scooter. Now, we bought this shortly after being married so we've had it a few years but its been in storage until recently. With the cost of gas and Lance changing jobs we've needed a second vehicle. Praise the scooter! It is 125 CC's, goes 60 mph with both of us riding, and gets 80 miles to the gallon! That's right folks you read correctly, 80 miles to the gallon. We bought the scooter brand new in 2005 before moving to Charleston but it has been a very smart purchase. Yes, we did have initial conflicts and different views and opinions when we were "discussing" a scooter, but nonetheless, it's been wonderful. Saving on the cost of gas has already paid for the scooter and we're so glad to have it. Some of you wives might be wondering to yourselves how I could let my husband buy a scooter because of the many dangers. True, this one of my many points in our "discussion" to purchase the scooter. I will admit when we lived in Twin Falls we never used helmets because honestly, passing the tractors going 15 mph I mean, what's the worst that could happen we'd run over a worm? The drivers in Charleston are HORRIBLE and dangerous so yes, I require that we ALWAYS wear helmets at all times, no exceptions. I don't think there's a such thing any more as "going for a leisurely drive" what's the pleasure of just going for a drive these days, we almost have to take out a loan just to pay for gas every month. The scooter has made this possible once again and we love riding through the rural areas with the large oak trees covered in spanish moss hanging over the roads. Today we took it out for a drive to a friends house and a bug smashed into Lance's glasses. It was priceless, he couldn't do anything about it! Of course I had to get a picture and the camera wouldn't exactly focus correctly on the green squished mess, but you get the idea.


3 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

That is so cute you two riding around on a scooter! I think it is a great purchase and totally worth it! We sold our golf cart when we moved for double what we bought it for because people are desperate for alternative to gas!

When are you guys moving...maybe we can drive over to the Carolina's and see you before you go back West!

And eeew to the smashed bug...you need window wiper glasses.

analee hirschi said...

I am glad that I was there to witness this incident. That is so fun for you two to go Riding... you need to get some leathers....

Doug and Dawn said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog until I saw it on the Arbuckles today. This was fun reading about you guys.

I love the sweet ride Doug and I have discussed him getting a scooter but I had the same concerns about safety. It's getting to the point where we might have to get one though. Love the smashed bug on the glasses.