Thursday, July 24, 2008

Craft Day

Once a month the girls in my family get together for Craft Day. This is one of the best days of the month because all my aunts, several cousins, my mom and sisters all get together for craft day. Whoever hosts it comes up with the craft and teaches everyone how to make it. We also have a wonderful lunch and lots of girl talk. We rotate every month so at the beginning of the year we decide who has what month. It's amazing to me that even though we all come from the same family, everyone has different and unique ideas to their own personality and taste. They're so creative sometimes I feel like a kindergarten kid coloring outside of the lines while they're painting Picaso's. It's one of my favorite things to do but since I've been in Charleston for the past few years I haven't been able to go to craft day. My lovely mom still sends me all the supplies and directions each month so I can do the craft on my own. I know, I have the best mom ever! I'll set up a gallery of things we've made to give any of you ideas for yourselves. Anyway, for those of you who don't know, I like to do beading and design jewelry. Most of the things I've made I have given away as gifts and once in a while I get selfish and keep the jewelry for myself. I've decided to make a blog of some of the things I've made so check it out. I love to do it and I'm willing to teach anyone. I've taught for Super Saturday hosted by the Relief Society and for the young women's youth organization. I'm still in the beginning stages of setting up the blog so lots of changes and ideas to come with pictures and tutorials. Check it out to the right!

1 comment:

Lilita said...

So you should totally sell your stuff on Etsy.com! Because why not get paid for the fun stuff??