Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ode to Lance

This week I've been a little bummed, besides feeling sorry for myself for having the flu twice in two months, I don't get to see Lance very much. Since he's been in school he's been so focused and committed to his studying which shows in his grades, he's doing very well. I'm so proud of him, mostly because I hate school and I can't do what he's doing. I know he gets frustrated and overwhelmed at times with the load of homework but he just closes the door to our computer room (shutting out my every comment that distracts him like, "Honey, are you almost done? When you're done can we go on an ice cream run? Want to hear the funniest story I heard today? When you're done do you think you can do dishes for me?") and gets down to business applying himself and somehow turns his brain into an even more absorbent sponge.

I'm so grateful he's sacrificing his time to get school done and over with so at some point, he'll be a licensed mortician and we can make a somewhat decent living. I admire his patience and dedicati
on. I know it's quite difficult at times and I don't make it any easier on him with my complaining that he spends more time on homework that he does with me. What's even more amazing is even after all my complaining that I don't get to see him much, he still finds time to sporadically surprise me with the dishes being done and the house all clean. Thank you for being such a wonderful husband, much more wonderful than I deserve! (This is my favorite Jack Vettriano picture and one day, probably several years after school is finished, it'll be hanging in our house. I love it!)