Saturday, February 21, 2009

One Cold Night...

Lance and I went on a date tonight to the Home and Garden Show and then to see a show at the planetarium called Bad Astronomy. Yes, these are the things we do for fun in Twin because after all, its Twin and we live in Idaho. After the show we went to get ice cream at Sonic and halfway through a bite a memory came to my mind that was so hilarious that I spewed ice cream everywhere. I love thinking about Charleston and I don't want to forget this particular night which is the reason for this post.

One night in Charleston we were hanging out with Matt and Krystal Tipping, some of our best friends. We didn't have anything to do and since Lance and I were moving back to Twin shortly, we had a bunch of fireworks to get rid of that we didn't want to pack. Tipping's live right by Sonic (I'm a sucker for their blasts) so we stopped there before heading to the park right by Tipping's house. Krystal and I kinda hid in the bushes while the boys let off the fireworks because if we did get caught, we had an easy getaway but we could still enjoy the fireworks while eating our ice cream. The boys were having a great time and were getting creative with how they were lighting off the fireworks. One was leaning on the fence but after the fuse had burned half way, the firework fell and shot straight through the forest and bounced around a bit before dying.

And then it came down to the finale. Lance had this huge cube of whatever they were, rockets or something that once you light the first one, the rest of them shoot off by themselves. We didn't realize how extremely loud and bright they were going to be so once the first one shot off, we all started booking it back to Tipping's place, we thought we were going to get caught for sure! The boys laughingly caught up to Krystal and I and Lance said, "Well, only 98 more of those to go!" For some reason that struck me as so painstakingly hilarious, mind you I was still eating my Sonic Blast while running for my life, that I spewed ice cream all over and had it dripping down my face. It was SO funny, once we got to Tipping's place we were laughing nonstop for an hours and the fireworks were still going off. Oh my heavens, GOOD TIMES!!!!!

No comments: