Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything

This evening as I returned home from enrichment, I find myself so filled and overcome with gratitude and happiness! Our meeting was about gratitude and we had two extremely wonderful speakers who uplifted and edified us. I'm so glad I went tonight because of all the things I learned and all the things I felt. Our first speaker talked about an accident that her little four year old daughter had and how touched she was that 2 days later, laying in agonizing pain, her daughter was the first one to thank Heavenly Father for the accident and the outcome. Our second speaker gave us her own thought of having three levels of gratitude. #1 is being thankful for everything that people around us do for us. #2 is expressing our gratitude by showing it through thank you cards or baked goods for someone, etc. #3 is showing our gratitude by the way we live our lives. For example, we pay our tithing because we're so thankful for all that we have both spiritually and physically. We take care of our bodies because we're grateful to have them and to be healthy. Of course she said it much more eloquently than that but it just popped and I had one of those "Ahhhh" moments. She also said that after her husband died, her motto would be, "Expect nothing and appreciate everything." I loved that.

No comments: