Thursday, September 3, 2009

Surprise Getaway

As a surprise for my birthday Lance planned this weekend getaway trip together. He changed the date at least 3 or 4 different times due to schedule conflicts and my oral surgery, but I took a day off work and we drove to....................Hagerman? He told me it was about 45 minutes away so I thought we were going to Burley. What could possibly be in Burley is beyond me, but Hagerman instead?! For all you Charlestonians it would be the equivalent of going to Ravenel or Awendaw, what would possibly be there? So I just put my faith in him and kept my questioning opinions to myself until we reached our destination. Just a few miles past the tiny town is the Billingsley Creek Resort which is a quaint little getaway of a few cabins. We were the only ones staying there for the evening which was nice to have the whole thing to ourselves. This is a picture of our cabin.Back behind the main office is gorgeous landscaping and flowers. There's a creek that runs through it with a little bridge where you can walk across and sit on the swing together. That's exactly what we did all night, sat on the swing and just talked for hours while we marveled at the beautiful scenery. It was so great to be together for the evening and just talk about everything and anything.
Outside to the left of our cabin is a hot tub that is closed in on 3 sides. We were a little hesitant to use it because it was dark and there were a ton of bugs everywhere. As soon as we lifted the cover a huge, ginormous moth about 4 inches in diameter flew straight into the water, thankfully there's a little net thing so we just scooped it out. Now mind you it was really dark and there were dark spots all over on the bottom which we assumed were just rust spots. A little leaf blew down into the water and made me jump and then I see dark little tadpole looking figure swimming quickly straight toward me. I gasped which scared Lance and we both jumped and kinda freaked out. We're not scared of bugs or little creatures but it was completely dark and this thing was swimming straight for me! Since we just scooped out the mutantly huge moth we were still holding the net so we scooped up what ended up as a lizard and sent him on his merry way. We were a little wary to even sit back and relax in the hot tub for the next 20 minutes but it was a nice little adventure!We had such a great time and it was so thoughtful and sweet of Lance to plan it all for me. I loved every minute of it, especially the peaceful scenery and gorgeous little creek. I loved just sitting on the swing and talking for hours until it was too dark to see our way back to the cabin. Thanks Sweetie for the great getaway!

1 comment:

*LaUrA* said...

how fun! I love little get aways! Especially when they are planned FOR me! My 9th grade Algebra teacher and his wife own that place..at least they did they last I heard. Neat huh.