Monday, October 5, 2009

Scenario #1

Somehow Idaho decided to fore go autumn and went straight for winter as we had the first snow fall of the season. I'm not a fan of the cold and especially not a fan of the snow. It's the fourth day of October and the temperature never got over 35 degrees. Brrrrrrrrrrrr, it's freezing!!!

Therefore I was very much looking forward to getting in a hot, steamy shower. I'm enjoying the hot water and washing my face when the power goes out. I think to my self, "Self, don't worry it's probably just a glitch and it'll come back on in a few seconds." About a minute passes by and I feel awkward standing in the shower in total and complete darkness. I turned the water off and decided to open the door to let in some light to finish my shower which I apparently wasn't coherent enough to realize it's 10pm and the sun went down almost 3 hours ago. I reached for the towel and in the freezing cold air stumbled my way to the kitchen to find the box of matches. I slipped on the linoleum floor because of the dripping water all around me but managed to light a tiny candle. At this moment I'm thinking to myself, "Self, it's a darn good thing Lance is not here to see this pitiful sight!"

Since I had just put out the fall decorations I replaced the coffee table candle centerpiece with fall stuff. But where in the world did I put that tray of candles that I moved just a week ago? I searched all over the house still dripping wet and nude, still stumbling over everything in the dark. I can't find them anywhere! I looked in every nook and cranny imaginable but they were nowhere to be found. I put the little candle down so I could squint around the room.............ahhhhh................... I found them over by the cedar chest. Victory!!! I quickly lit three large candles and carried the tray to the bathroom and placed it on the back of the toilet. Oh what heavenly light it was! But it still wasn't quite bright enough for me to shave my legs so I grabbed a bag of tea light candles and lit five more of those and placed them all around the sink directly in front of the shower.

I turned the hot water back on and finished my ever-so lovely shower. Just as I was dressed and ready to hang up the towel, the power came back on.

No comments: