Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Top 7

Top 7 Reasons Why I Love the Holidays

1. I love studying and remembering the birth of the Savior. I love that nearly every home has a statue or figurine of the nativity and every primary or preschool group puts on a play reenacting it. Christ's love is particularly evident through other's selflessness and charity. Its humbling and warm to me.

2. I love the feel in the air. Not necessarily the cold, brisk wind but the feel of love and family. Work is taken off so families can be together, effort is made to strengthen relationships, neighbors and friends go out of their way to give to each other and like the decor I have hanging on my front door: all hearts go home.

3. Lance and I started dating shortly before christmas in 2004 so its a very sentimental time for us. We love to reminisce of our dating days and still go on specific dates each year as tradition during the season.

4. I love gift giving because I'm really good at buying things for Lance. I know what he wants before he realizes he wants it so its fun to watch his expression when he's opening gifts. Last year we didn't have a christmas because we had just moved back home and didn't have money so I'm looking forward to it this year, especially Lance's expression at what I got for him.

5. My favorite tradition was adopted on December 24, 2004 when we were dating. Each year the Cox's have a sing along where they bring out the huge book Readers Digest of Christmas Carols, and sing every song around the grand piano. No joke, EVERY song. I love it because his family is so musically talented and it moves me to tears. I think some of the most sacred and reverent music ever written about the Savior are found in christmas hymns and carols.

6. Christmas trees are absolutely beautiful! I love to turn off all the lights, get a warm blanket, and sit on the couch just staring at the christmas tree in silence. It's relaxing and nostalgic, I could stare at it for hours.

7. I love the yummy food! Juicy ham, warm pies, and I love the smell and taste of nutmeg which is my favorite spice and often used in holiday cooking.

1 comment:

*LaUrA* said...

ooooh me too! Love this time of year! I love the coziness a Christmas Tree brings. CAn I come sit on the couch and cuddle with you?