Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Little Story

Last year I planted two lilies, one on each side of my front steps. They each grew to about 1.5 feet and never bloomed. This year, the one on the left side of the front steps has grown taller than me at 5' 1" and continues to grow 3-6" every week. I'm anxious for it to bloom and thought it would do so a few weeks ago but I'm STILL patiently waiting. Everyday when I leave and come home from work I have to stand by it to measure how much it grows. I'm flabbergasted, it has become so TALL!! The one on the right side of the stairs has not mutated and is the same height it was last year at 1.5 feet. When it blooms (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will!) I will definitely take pictures. By the way, never mind the weeds in the picture! On the other sides of the house the weeds are almost as tall as the lily. I'm never home to weed, not to mention do laundry or cook but it is on my to-do list!

No comments: