Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day From the Sky

On Memorial Day a friend in our ward, John, took us up in an airplane for an aerial tour of the Magic Valley. He's belongs to the John Reeder Flying Service club/member/ish.....something like that. I was quite skeptical about going seeing that I don't care for flying and even the smaller commercial planes from Twin to SLC are too bumpy for me, the take off especially gives me a queasy stomach. So when I heard we were going in a little four-seater my nerves hit the roof and even more so when I saw how tiny our plane was. You want me to be 6,000 feet above ground in that little thing?!

Here's before take off, my nerves and stomach were in little knots.

Lance was like a little kid in a candy store, he couldn't wait!!
This is the Magic Valley and you can see the temple right along the canyon. Once we got going I realized this was the smoothest ride I've ever been on, it beat any commercial flight, smoother than butter! I think I might have to hire John as my personal pilot, jk!The Shoshone Falls.
The Perrine Bridge over the Snake River Canyon that Evel Knievel tried to jump in the 1970's.Lots and lots of farmland.
Another shot of the canyon which is about 200 miles long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That would be fun! I have always wanted to see the canyon from the air...but not while falling off the bridge, I thought that was the only choice I had.