Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bribery?

I'm the best aunt in the world. Don't take my word for it, just ask the kids. They'll tell you the truth no matter how brutal it is (Becky why do you have that mole on your face? How come you and Lance don't have kids? etc. etc. etc.) I bribe kids and I'm not afraid to admit it. Last week I knew my sister needed a break. I bribed the kids that if they did their chores all week long, took really long naps and/or quiet time, obeyed everything their mom and dad asked them to do, went to bed the first time they were asked, and didn't whine or yell in the house, then I'd take them out for a surprise. Did they deserve the surprise? Probably not, I mean look at that list I can't even do that for a week! But I took the three older ones to Arctic Circle for ice cream and let them play on the toys for an hour or so. Afterwards, I needed to fill my car with fuel and we went through the car wash. Forget ice cream! These kids loved the car wash, but ice cream is cheaper and restaurant toys are free so there you go.





No comments: