Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Early Bird

Today at my doctor's appointment the ultrasound still confirmed that the placenta is low and covering the birth canal, AKA placenta praevia. If I were to go into labor or have contractions then I bleed to death and baby also dies. So bad news is I have to have a c-section. GREAT news is that my due date is moved to the end of October so I'll be pregnant 4 weeks less! YAY!!!!!! The baby is measuring and weighing in right where he should and is as healthy as we could expect. I loved the ultrasound today because we got to see more of his face......boy has he got the Cox cheeks! They're so round and plump and cute, I couldn't quit smiling.

We're down to the end, two months left and now I can mentally prepare for a c-section. I can't wait to meet this little baby and since we've shed off the last 4 weeks, I'm much more excited!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad you have time to mentally prepare for the c-section. MUCH better than getting it sprung on you after you've been in labor all day!! Can't wait to see this little guy!!!

Karissa said...

Yay for being early!!! And just so you know! I am totally for C-sections! I had an emergency one but I was already prepared because with twins the chances are higher. It was so nice. I recovered really fast and I know most people don't but get up and walking as soon as they take the boots off your legs!! It helps a ton! You will do amazing!!!

Nielsons said...

Yikes for the reasons, but yay for 4 weeks of less pregnancy. Those last 4 weeks are uber uncomfortable, so nice that you get to cut it short. We hope everything goes perfectly from here on out. Sad to hear it has been so rough, I know how much this baby is wanted, you guys will be terrific parents!

London and Alissa said...

I am glad you get to mentally prepare for a C-section as well. Recover will be tough but it is a good thing you have lots of family around you. They will be very helpful. Can't wait to meet your little guy. Little pudgy cheeks sound so cute!!! Do you have a name picked out?

Matt and Debbie said...

Oh wow. Glad for good medical technology and doctors to be able to take care of you and the little guy. Glad to know all will be well. What wonderful parents-to-be!

The Staley Family said...

Congrats. I didn't know you had a blog! Anyway, good luck with everything. Can't wait to see pictures. Hope you guys are going great!