Monday, December 21, 2015

Cora's "Official" First Word

Cora's ENT did a nose culture and found her to have two major bacterial infections causing the chronic sick-like symptoms. She's be on a strong antibiotic for 21 days, I'm just glad they finally found the problem.

She has been saying Mommy!!!!!! I can't get her to repeat it when I ask her to but she says it pretty often and pretty clearly. I think she's so used to grunting and pointing to communicate that she's not motivated all that much to talk. But her babbling has also picked up and we're getting lots of good consonant sounds. She's got a long speech road ahead of her and I think it goes hand-in-hand with her dysphasia, aspirating, reflux, and low muscle tone in her throat. I also think once she (hopefully) outgrows the aspirating that the speech will come naturally. But we are slowly seeing progress!

No comments: