Thursday, December 10, 2015

Of Sacrifice and Worship


I've had my Christmas shopping all done since before Thanksgiving which has been nice not to have those things on my mind. For the month of November and December I've been trying to do a lot more service, both in the ward and some of it anonymously. I'm always much more profoundly aware of the Savior's love and tender mercies as I try to focus on others.

My "motto" for the few months has been this quote by President Hinckley from 1983,

“Christmas means giving. The Father gave his Son, and the Son gave his life. Without giving there is no true Christmas, and without sacrifice there is no true worship.”

I've been really trying to make particular sacrifices and offering more than the usual Christmas cookies. I won't go into details but I'm doing it for the Lord because we've been taught that we are His hands. Most days I have something planned out and other days I just do what the spirit directs me to do. I'm doing it to show how completely grateful I am, I've witnessed so many miracles and tender mercies in the last two years that I cannot deny the divine intervention in mine and my family's lives. God is so good! And there have been so many people who've blessed and helped me since we moved to Spokane, I'm so thankful for a time right now that I can finally give back. And so, I continue to try to sacrifice to praise the Lord and to hopefully bless someone else in the mean time.

Truly He taught us to love one another,
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains he shall break for the slave is our brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
With all our hearts we praise His holy name.
Christ is the Lord! Then ever, ever praise we,
His power and glory ever more proclaim!
His power and glory ever more proclaim!

No comments: