Thursday, November 26, 2015

Completed Surgery #3 & Happy Thanksgiving!

The eye surgery was done just two days ago and Cora is doing great. It was a minimally invasive procedure with no recovery, the actual surgery was just 10 minutes long. She still has some blood and drainage coming from her nose and eyes but that's to be expected. I'm always amazed and get a very different, pinpointed feeling of.........worry, love, impatience, gratitude, etc, every time I go into the pediatric surgery center at the hospital. This was Cora's third surgery and sixth sedation, you'd think the more I go through it the easier it would get as a mother but it doesn't. It's always nerve racking, I think mostly because Cora's a high risk for potential anesthesia problems and/or any other complication regarding her heart, respiratory, and how her brain will react. So far we've been blessed every time.

It's been a few months since we've had so many doctor appointments or heightened problems, I almost forgot what it was like to be a special needs parent. It was nice to be "normal" for a while. I can't explain the true magnitude of the love and bond that I have for Cora. My relationship with her is different than it is with Kimball, not that I love Kimball any less, in fact quite the opposite. She and I are just unique and different together and I treasure that. I treasure being her Mama and cannot express how grateful I am for this entire journey. It is because of Cora that I've experienced a different kind of personal revelation (who knew there was more than one type?). It is because of Cora that I view life itself in a whole new light. It is because of Cora that my relationship with God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ, is so significant.

On this day of Thanksgiving, I'm so grateful for my little family that brings me so much happiness, for Lance's work that brings his happiness, and for the gospel which makes us an eternal family. I'm grateful for the gift of the resurrection and forgiveness. I'm grateful for a hard working spouse who honors his priesthood and holds his children dear; all that he does he does for us. I'm grateful for a country that was founded by just and righteous men which allows me to give thanks and praise to our merciful Savior. I'll praise His name forever!

The kids might be sick today on Thanksgiving, but we'll still have our own little feast. They loved watching the Macy's parade and after some much needed naps.......gobble, gobble, gobble!


No comments: