Sunday, April 22, 2018

Potty Training Week 2

Music class proved to be much like last week - not cooperative, didn't participate, not engaged or happy and just rocked in the corner by herself. I still had her in underwear and was really hesitant to put a pull up on her because she hadn't had any accidents for a few days.

Friday was an awesome day, I was afraid she'd be uncooperative again for therapy but that wasn't the case. She was the same old Cora who worked hard, loved the challenges the therapists asked her to do, and was confident in herself. I still had her in underwear so I think she's finally starting to get used to it in public. Later that day she not only came to find me and tell me she needed to potty, but also went potty without throwing a fit! Both of those are big deals!! 

I finally feel like we're very SLOWLY making some progress potty training. She did fill up her potty chart so I need to take her to the toy store to pick out what she wants. Grandma Julie has continued to send surprises as motivation which has been SO helpful. I took her to the pediatrician and he referred us to an incontinence clinic at the hospital. They'll do biofeedback on her bladder and kidneys (put little electrodes on her abdomen) to see how full her bladder is and how efficiently everything is working. I think this might be worth it just to make sure that there's nothing anatomically or medically wrong. However, I don't know how well she'd cooperate with it so that's the tricky part.

We did see the behavioral counselor about the anxiety and fits toward the toilet and he wasn't very helpful. He just said she won't be diapers in college and to celebrate the successes she does have.

I think we'll continue making slow progress and hopefully by summer time she'll be completely potty trained during the day, we'll see. I'm really proud of her, I'm certainly not going to stop now!

No comments: