Wednesday, October 13, 2021

BMX Class

Once I learned there was a BMX track in Spokane I knew I wanted Kimball to try it. He loves mountain biking so much so I thought it would be right up his alley. He loves it! The starting gate was very intimidating, steep, and loud. After the coaches explained and showed how to go from the gate, Kimball was just absolutely petrified and WOULD NOT TRY IT. He just bawled and bawled, his fear got the better of him. I have to admit, it is pretty steep. 

But the two coaches were amazing and slowly worked with him little by little getting him used to the gate. So they started half way down slope and slowly inching their way up until he was comfortable. Then they let him do it by himself once the gate was down. It wasn't until the second practice that he did the gate by himself. I'm so proud of him for conquering that fear and giving it a go even though he was petrified to do it, and trusted in his coaches!









 





No comments: