Saturday, January 21, 2023

Deacon Ordination

On January 8, 2023 Kimball was ordained a deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood by his Dad. I wasn't sure what sort of emotions I would feel, I assumed something along the lines of how big my oldest is getting and how proud I am of him. And while those emotions were felt, the main overwhelming emotions were about Lance.

I was completely surprised to feel so much love and a deep, deep gratitude for this man that I married 17 years ago. When looking for a husband of course I had the long ridiculous list of qualities I wanted in a man and let's be honest, that "perfect" guy does not exist! As President Hinckley said, "Aim high. But don't aim so high that you completely miss the target." (That isn't a direct quote). The main quality that I wanted was someone who would be able to give myself and my future children priesthood blessings if we ever needed them. That's it. That's all I wanted. When Lance and I were dating the spiritual promptings and direct messages were loud and clear, almost an audible voice at times, even palpable if that's possible. I listened and I followed every prompting I received.

Here we are almost 18 years later and looking back on my awful pregnancies, complications, Ezra's handful of scares, and Cora's entire medical journey, I have used the Melchizedek Priesthood countless times and it has made all the difference. Heavenly Father's power that Lance has used to bless me and my children with over the years has been a tremendous blessing. I am so grateful I married Lance and for the man that he is!

While it has now been a few weeks since Kimball has held the Aaronic priesthood, he has brought a very special spirit that I feel in my home. The only way I can describe the feeling is special. Something not tangle has been added to our home and I feel it. It is lovely and warm and just special. I look forward to the young man Kimball will become and anxious to see who he becomes bearing this priesthood.



No comments: