Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Few Things You Didn't Know About Me (or maybe you did)

  • I'm 5'1". I highly stress that last one 1".
  • I only like normal vegetables. You know the green beans, corn, potatoes, carrots, peas. All other vegetables are abnormal and I don't care for them although I'm starting to like broccoli in some foods.
  • When I was younger I wanted to own a beauty salon with my friend Stephanie, we were going to call it Steph and Beck's. I dreamed of being fabulous at doing hair and makeup. I can't do my own hair or makeup to save my life, I've never had good skin for the flawless look or a day I could call a "good" hair day.
  • I hate, hate math.
  • In high school I hated biology but in college I loved it and wanted to major in it.
  • I loved growing up in a big family of 5 brothers and 1 sister. We didn't always get along, like most siblings, but I love them and they're all my best friends.
  • I have a scar on my left eye that's been there as long as I can remember but I don't know how it got there.
  • In high school my dream car was a pink jeep.
  • I've been to Nassau, Bahamas.
  • Being in an athletic family, particularly basketball playing brothers, I've never really played sports. In 8th grade I was on the volleyball and track team and didn't really have a position, that's how good I was. I don't like competition.
  • My middle name is J. Just the initial J, it doesn't stand for anything and I never knew that was odd until I got married.
  • My eyebrows have always been uneven. When I started plucking at a wee age of.......?????.....13....... maybe...........my mom told me I'd regret it when they became too thin. She was right.
  • I grew up on a farm in Jerome, ID. We had a huge garden and orchard which became our playground. We had all kinds of animals: horses, cows, chickens, roosters, pigs, turkeys, rabbits, and a goat name GeGe who'd follow us on the school bus.
  • I got my ears pierced when I was 20.
  • I never thought I'd be 25 with no children.
  • I was in 4th grade when my two favorite dogs died. I thought they were married (literally), a golden cocker spaniel named Katie and a pitch black cocker spaniel named Spook. I cried really hard and my dad came into my room and talked to me about the resurrection which became a sweet comfort for me.
  • I don't care for leather seats in cars.
  • I've always hated eggs.
  • My favorite color changes as I'm in different stages of life. Right now I love a bright, funky yellowish green....not sure the exact name, maybe chartreuse?
  • My feet get claustrophobic. Not in shoes or socks or slippers but in bed when the sheets and comforters are pulled up too tight. I will have a tizzy fit. Seriously. Even thinking about it makes me cringe.
  • I have about 5 different comfort foods that I LOVE. Lately I've been a soup person, potato soup to be exact.
  • My favorite cartoon growing up was Bugs Bunny. They don't make cartoons like that any more.

What don't I know about you?

1 comment:

Matt and Debbie said...

Hah, what a great middle initial. I call my Beka, Rebekah J all the time (but the J stands for Jacqueline). Also liked your post about what you're thankful for. So true. Everyday we have so many 'little' (in America) things to be thankful for. And 20 for your ears? Wow, I thought my mom was harsh by making me wait until 12.