Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Addition to the Family (Not the Kind I'd Like to Announce)

Can you tell what it is? He's in Lance's pocket.

This is him when we first met him, just a little guy.
He's a squirrel. Technically she's a squirrel but for some reason most animals in our minds are "he's" or a "little guy" so its hard to associate him as a her. Lance was thrilled to meet him when my sister in law introduced him. Her dad rescues.........takes care of........something like that.................................lots of different animals. This baby squirrel was abandoned and dying so Heather's dad took him in and fed him a bottle. Heather showed it to Lance who fell in love. I put my foot down, I mean we already have a hamster and a rabbit, how many more animals do we need? Heather's sister took the little guy in for two weeks while Lance and I argued about keeping him. Really argued. Lance eventually got him. (I really hate fighting, nothing is worth fighting).
We named him Lord Rutledge. He eats nuts and lots of fruit. Any kind of fruit is his favorite, in this picture he's eating an apple. The red thing around Lance's neck is a pouch his mom made him from fleece so the two can "bond."


2 comments:

MarshandKrissy said...

Oh only Lance!!! That is quite the pet...you are a much better wife than I am, Becky!!

Cassie said...

What the....