Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Is It Bed Time Yet?

Today was one of those days. It started out not that great because I woke up not feeling well. I thought it was just a "moment" that would pass but it didn't, the nausea lasted all day. Which means I wasn't very productive and didn't get anything done, not even keeping up on the dishes or washing the table. I think there are 4 or 5 meals dried onto the table from Kimball. Gross! I loathe washing the table because it gets so messy with each meal. But he's a toddler learning to eat with utensils so I let it slide. (And I may have taught him that when he's done eating his cereal, his bowl becomes an instacup. So now anything that I serve him in a bowl, must be drunk from like a bowl of cereal milk; yogurt, applesauce, etc. He even managed to do this with Baxter's water bowl at Grandma's. Gross again!)

It seems when I don't feel well then Kimball becomes much more attention starved and whines all. day. long. I tried to nap but the thunder storm we had interrupted that. After snack time I went to a store to get Lance's birthday gift. That was a mistake. More whining and fit throwing in public. Major SIGH!

Dinner was another disaster with food flung from every fork, finger, and mouth. Lance wasn't home from work yet to help me so I chose to just leave the situation. I left Kimball in his chair to eat while I cut up the watermelon so I wouldn't have a melt down. Once his whining got beyond tolerable I stripped him down and stuck him in the tub. Finally Lance got home as the tears were coming. I'd had it mentally and couldn't do anymore.

No comments: