Sunday, February 23, 2014

Continuing Education

It's a wise decision to go to college and get a degree. I finished two years, the first year was generals and the second year was the start of what was then called Computerized Bookkeeping. I finished one year of that program and then married Lance. I never went back to finish my degree.

And now here I am. I'm 28 years old with no degree and two kids. What about school? I don't even have a desire to go back to school and have no idea what in the world I'd get a degree in. I've always worked as an office manager, even up until the day Kimball was born and then I quit to be a stay at home mom. I absolutely love being a stay at home mom. My kids bring me pure joy and laughter, even frustration at times. But I wouldn't trade it for a six figure income or any other income besides endless kisses, pint sized hand holding, and soft hugs.

I've decided that I can still continue my education at home and I don't mean finishing school online. My education now is learning how and doing my best at raising these children and keeping house. Our theme this year in RS is Back to Basics. In January we were taught how to make homemade rolls (I'm SOOO disappointed I missed this class but we were visiting home at the time). This month we learned how to sew pillowcases which was taught yesterday. It was so much fun! I call our teacher Grandma and she is absolutely phenomenally talented. I really didn't know what fabric to pick for the pillowcases because no beds in our house need any but I still wanted to learn how to make them. I decided to make some for Kimball so I chose Cars fabric because he's in love with Mater. Anyway, it was such a great class! Needless to say Kimball now carries his pillow all around the house.

I found a tutorial on Pinterest a few months ago called the circle skirt and I gave it a go. I made this all by myself, I didn't even have to facetime Mom! It's so funny because the skirt is seriously about 5" wide, it's so little but it fits Cora really well. This tutorial was so easy, I'm glad I was able to do it and will probably make several more in the future for her!
As I continue my education I'm looking forward to more baking, sewing, mending, cleaning, cooking, organization, time management, personal finance, raising righteous children, caring for a marriage, and being a devoted disciple. I'm anxious to put my studies to use and I love my job!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I love this post Becky! I think you hit the nail on the head. I wish I was in your ward; sounds like you're having way too much fun;)

Laura said...

Love your work!! Cute stuff!