Friday, February 7, 2014

Two Month Checkup

I absolutely LOVE our pediatrician! It's so nice to finally have a doctor who will take the time to listen and answer questions without rushing through everything. Cora had her two month checkup on Wednesday. She weighs 11 pounds and is 23.5" long. She's really grown since being released from the NICU, doubling her weight and gaining 4-5" in length.

Mu suspicions were correct, she does have mild acid reflux and is colic. The doctor switched her formula to one specifically designed to help with spit up, if that doesn't work then he'll prescribe an infant Zantac for her. The colic is just in the evenings from 4-11pm and there's nothing I can do about that, of course.

He reviewed the cardiologist and geneticist visits/notes with me just to follow up and be sure they're staying on top of her issues. I had a lot of questions for him about various things so we spent probably 45 minutes just on those.

I'm so thankful for good doctors and modern medicine. I always have been but I've grown tired of doctors having been to my fair share for myself and Cora these last few months. But my faith is always restored when I have a really great doctor visit like with our pediatrician. I always leave there comfortable and confident in my mothering abilities, like I really am doing the right things. It's so refreshing to have a doctor like that.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Sorry to hear about Cora's trials (and yours). Sounds like, as always, you guys are taking it in stride so well. Also, very glad to hear of the high success rates, but we realize that doesn't make it any less stressful on you. We'll be thinking and praying for all of you to have continued blessings of strength and courage through it all. And, Lance, don't worry, I think 80% of the country was watching the Super Bowl the same way.

Elaina said...

When is the surgery date if you have one? Hope things get better and hugs coming your way!