Monday, May 25, 2015

My Break! And Cora's Update

So Mom went home a week ago today and I decided that I would take the rest of that week off. No doctor appointments, no therapy - just some good quality time with the kids! I think it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I was literally at my breaking point and couldn't do any more of it, I was hesitant to tell the Guild School about not going to therapy for the week but Cora's therapists were in total support of it.

I can't remember what we did besides the usual kid stuff - water day with some friends, playgroup, made treats, and a lot of outdoor play time. It was the most liberating feeling I've ever felt, I hadn't realized how much of a burden all of the appointments were. I think I'll be doing this on a regular basis, about once a quarter.

Lets see if I can remember the latest with Cora......there have been so many appointments I can't keep them all straight in my head. Some of the blood testing for mitochondrial disease came back abnormal so they want me to take Cora in for more specific blood testing and for a urine test. The only particular one I can remember shows abnormal ranges for metabolic disease. I did finally get the MRI's schedule but I'm hoping Lance will take Cora this time, I really don't want to do that again! One weird thing to note is that since the surgery/scope Cora has been drinking a TON of fluid. Like, 50-60 ounces a day, sometimes about 20 ounces in one sitting. It's highly unusual for her and I'm not sure if it's some kind of side affect from the anesthesia but it's been over a week and she's still as thirsty as ever. It's really strange and not like her.

Since taking a week off I've found myself really dreading getting back into the routine of appointments. I've had enough! So this week I'll resume therapy but I'm still going to hold off on the doctor appointments for a few weeks yet, I just can't bring myself to continue on.

No comments: