Monday, January 9, 2017

It's A Boy!!!

Around 15 weeks the hyperemesis started to ease up a bit which was right around Thanksgiving. Thank goodness!! With the other two pregnancies it was like a light switch - the nausea and vomiting was gone all of a sudden and I instantly had energy and strength back. This one was different, it was definitely a gradual process. I'd have a few good days here and there and then be back to being bedridden. It was frustrating. I waited a few more weeks for the nausea to subside altogether before I talked to my doctor about getting the PICC line removed. I was certainly anxious to have it out; it's extremely itchy under the dressing and trying to shower with my arm saran wrapped is obnoxious! But it was by far a huge life saver and I would never go through another pregnancy without a PICC line, it was bittersweet getting rid of it. That happened at 17 weeks.

We had our anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks and found out that it's a boy!! I'm so thrilled and I didn't care what it was either way but I'm thrilled it's a boy and Kimball is very excited. Good news is that all the measuring and pictures they were able to get of each organ and limb looked good, no abnormalities or soft markers. The placenta is anterior so the baby's face was squished right up against it, they weren't able to get good measurements of the face or abdomen so I'll have another ultrasound in two weeks to check that. But so far everything is looking really good and normal.

I've gained back all the weight I've lost which was super fast compared to the last two times, he told me to watch what I eat so I'm not gaining too much weight. I can't help it though, if it sounds good and it stays down, I'm going to eat it! I do still throw up once or twice a week but it's definitely livable and nothing compared to the hyperemesis sickness. I'm so happy and relieved to be feeling better!!!


No comments: