Monday, January 9, 2017

Quick Trip Home

The second weekend in December Lance let me fly home for a few days without the kids! I was so looking forward to it, I was losing sleep because I was so anxious for a break and excited to see family. One of the young women in our ward babysat the kids and stayed at the house overnight taking care of them since Lance had to work and had a ton of barbershop singing gigs going on. The kids had so much fun with Kendra and I'll admit, it was nice being missed.

My flight into SLC was awful, the worst flying experience ever! First off, it was at 6am and everything was going ok until halfway through the flight. I needed to throw up and I had a middle seat. I finally got into the aisle clutching my purse and a barf bag and made my way to the bathroom only to have the stewardess with the drink cart blocking the aisle. I had to run to the other end of the plane only to find it was occupied. So I threw up right there in front of everybody in first class. Yep.

Man, I couldn't get off that plane fast enough, I was so hot and sweaty and felt like I was about to pass out. After discovering hat my connecting flight was a few terminals away, I started to slowly make my way to the next gate. I walked about 50 feet and needed to throw up again. Ugh, why didn't I check my duffel bag?! It would've been so nice not to carry it around because after throwing up I had zero energy, zero strength, and zero motivation. I just found a chair to sit in and had to wait for an airport employee to walk by so they could help me get a wheelchair - there was no way I was going to make it through three terminals to my connecting flight.

Fast forward...I made it to Twin Falls and had to take a lengthy nap and be super cautious with my eating and activities for the rest of the day. I was so nauseous! But I was able to visit Adam and Lynnette that night for her birthday.

The next day I threw up some more but I got my strength and energy back which was nice to have on vacation! The rest of the time was spent with family at craft day, I invited myself to the Kinetico christmas party so I could see the rest of the family, dinner with Donna and Stephanie, and visiting with Christine. Christine let out her secret - she's pregnant too!!!!!!! I'm so excited to have someone share in my misery for the remaining months that I have but I'm so excited that we're pregnant together again!! I'm due mid May and she's due the end of July.

It was nice to be home for a visit but I would never fly again while pregnant, that was so awful. My flight home was delayed and I didn't get back until 1:30am but it was SO LOVELY to be greeted by the kids the next morning. I missed them so much and couldn't get enough of them!!

No comments: