Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Party

Last night we had a pretty sweet Halloween/Going Away Party. All thanks to Becca and Spencer for volunteering their house, we seriously couldn't have done it without you guys. I'll just put on a slide show so yall can see every one's costumes. Thank you all for the finger foods and your awesome company. We're honestly going to miss our ward and all of our awesome friends. I'm tearing up just thinking about leaving but I love you guys!

One of the activities we did was a Darth Vader pinata for the kids. We figured they'd be all hyped up on sugar and sweets from trick or treating, we'd give them a trick instead of a treat. Unfortunately the pinata came down after only 8 swings so we yelled for the kids to get the candy. Boy, were they in for a surprise! We thought of something healthy/nasty the kids wouldn't appreciate too well, so we filled the pinata with lettuce and carrots, some were pretty disappointed but others still ate the vegetables. It was hilarious! I recommend this to all parents in the future, it was a hit! (No pun intended).

We had a game of scary charades but we somehow misplaced it throughout the course of putting up our decorations. It seriously is too bad because I really wanted to see someone act out mortician (I was hoping in the back of my mind that someone other than Lance would draw it). Since that game was missing in action we told scary stories with a flash light and all. I couldn't get a very good picture of it because of the flash and if I didn't use the flash, the picture was quite blurry. Enjoy all the pictures, we had a blast!

3 comments:

Tawni Williams said...

SHUT UP!! I'm loving the costumes!! OH I MISS YOU GUYS!

Matt and Debbie said...

Thanks for the good time!! And for teaching me how to make sweet bracelets and ear rings!! Have a SAFE move.

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

So it's really happening- your move!? S. Carolina will miss you guys and TF will be so glad for your return!! I'm sad taht we won't be there to welcome you back.

love your costumes!!! you woulda freaked out kids out tho! LOL
I wish I could get Jon to dress up like that. seriously. he's such a party pooper with dress up!

have a happy, safe move!